Although cavities can be treated if necessary, the best treatment method for healing holes in your tooth enamel begins with preventing them in the first place. Some of the best tactics for cavity prevention include:
– Brushing your teeth at least twice daily and flossing your teeth once daily.
– Avoiding foods and substances that are sticky and chewy, as they tend to cause oral health disorders and linger in your mouth long after eating them.
– Looking for oral cleaning products that contain the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which guarantees the safety and effectiveness of the products pass the highest standards in the industry.
– Using cleaning utensils that are recommended or approved by your dentist.
– Avoiding destructive sugars that can contribute to plaque buildup and harmful acids in your mouth, which are known to cause dental erosion.
– Eating a diet that is healthy and nutritious to ensure your smile is getting the key minerals it needs to keep your teeth and gums durable and healthy.
– Scheduling professional cleanings with your dentist every six months as well as schedule checkups as needed.
– Considering the use of supplementary oral cleaning tools such as water flossers, mouthwash, and sugarless gum to help clean your mouth when brushing and flossing is not available or advised.
If you would like to enjoy a cavity-free smile, contact Hutchinson Family Dental, Jay R. Stucky, DDS, PA for an exam from Dr. Jay Stucky and our team at our office in Hutchinson, Kansas. Schedule your visit by calling us at 620-663-9119. We look forward to improving your smile for many years to come!